The Friday Five this week calls for five things (or people) for which I am thankful. So here goes, in no particular order:
1. I have one heck of a great husband. I love Ben. A lot. And am very grateful for him.
2. In a few minutes, I'm going to be powerwalking on the beach path in Redondo Beach. I love the ocean, and having a day off to enjoy it.
3. Next Tuesday, we'll join friends in Pomona for the fifth annual Thanksgiving potluck. (That means my first semester of seminary was five years ago. Yowzer!) Last year we were small but mighty, but this year our numbers will double. This is a vegetarian affair, so the main dish this time is my rosemary lentil soup. Though the primary order of thankgsiving is for the chance to be with friends, I hereby thank the Lord for lentils. And Rosamond's delectable sweet potato casserole. It's clearly a desert, but for holidays it counts as a vegetable. Mmmm mmm.
4. We'll be spending Thanksgiving with family. I'm grateful for the wonderful family I married into, and for having some time to rest and play.
5. Local friends. Lindsey, Charise, Kirsten, and Cheryl. It's great to have pals that share the same area code.
That's just the tip of the iceberg. So much to be thankful for!