1. The other day I opened the refrigerator and did a double take: since when does yogurt come PALIN flavored? ...oh, PLAIN. Too much politico/slate/CNN/etc.
2. Speaking of such matters, I have added a Rock the Vote widget to my sidebar. If you are a US citizen and aren't registered to vote, you can fill out a registration form online, print it out, and send it off. Vote, vote, vote!
3. Continuing on the citizenship/democracy theme, at our congregational retreat in a few weeks, we're going to participate in Bread for the World's Offering of Letters. BftW is a Christian anti-hunger advocacy program. This year's campaign focuses on the Global Poverty Act, which will hopefully be up for a vote in the Senate before the end of the current congress. Click here to find out more information about contacting your senators to support this bill. I love the notion that these letters are an offering of faith.
4. I'm on Facebook, and I can't get over the feeling that it's sort of like being in the same room with a large group of people with whom you would never ordinarily be in the same room at the same time. Like, people from high school and seminary and first jobs and "teh internets," all at once. Surreal.
5. These girls are so adorable. I miss them, and their baby sister B.
6. I'm still laughing about this. I miss those kiddies, too.
7. Speaking of miss people, I believe I haven't mentioned that my dear Lara has moved to Seattle. I believe I haven't mentioned it because I've been in denial. But it's true. And Seattle is a lot further away than San Diego.
8. We went to the beach with friends on Labor Day. I swam in the ocean for the first time in two years. I love swimming in the ocean. Love it. It is so scary and exhilarating and fun.
9. When am I ever going to learn that things aren't going to get any less busy "next week"?
10. You know you want to watch Juliette laugh again. Go ahead and indulge. ;-)