1. Juliette has been walking for one year. We celebrated by getting her a much-needed new pair of shoes.
2. Juliette: I WANNA EAT! I WANNA EAT! I WANNA EAT!
Mama: What do you want to eat?
Juliette: Um... um... EAT!
Repeat at least 18 times a day, plus many variations. Like:
Mama: Do you want some yogurt?
Mama gives Juliette yogurt
Juliette: NO! NO! NO!
3. I'm relatively sure Thanksgiving happened, but I missed the festivities. After a fall full of various and sundry colds, I came down with a nasty case of strep throat. I was very, very thankful for antibiotics. We did miss out on our annual trip to visit family in AZ, but hopefully we'll reschedule soon.
4. In the clearest example of what pregnancy brain can do to an otherwise normal human being, consider this shirt:
I bought it on clearance at Target for $3.74 while hugely pregnant with Juliette. Just in case the depth of my folly is unclear, let me describe it. It is not merely electric blue leopard print; it is shiny polyester electric blue leopard print. And it is huge. I cannot imagine what I was thinking. Note that the tag is still on it; apparently I came to my senses before I encased my baby bump in its gaudy glory. I had to take a picture of it before it for posterity before it went out with the donation bags.
5. My apologies if you liked that shirt. I did too, once. Enough to shell out nearly $4 for it.
6. My musician of the week is Sara Groves. After having gone a really long time without actively seeking out new music, I'm practically overloaded on wonderful new-to-me artists.
7. I love her profile. By which I mean the adorable turn of her nose, not anything to do with social networking.
8. I'm so excited for Advent and Christmas this year. As usual, we're keeping things pretty simple at church, and we have family coming and going all month long.
9. I do have a LOT of knitting to do between now and when gifts need to be shipped.
10. The kiddo is ready for bedtime. Nighty-night!