1. This is the Monday Night Heartburn Edition because, you guessed it, my pregnant lady heartburn is keeping me up past midnight. I don't have this particular symptom very often, but when it hits, it hits hard.
2. Juliette seemed totally content when I picked her up from school this afternoon. Apparently, the only time she got upset was when she was the only kid without a toothbrush after lunch; her other school didn't brush teeth midday. Problem solved with a quick after school trip to Target for a new Dora toothbrush. That said, I was less than thrilled to discover that because the administration hadn't transferred her files yet, they didn't have any contact or medical information on hand all day. Grr.
3. First day of school, last day of school.Her shirt doesn't say "Bye Bye Butt," by the way. I accidentally cropped out the "erfly."
4. There was a Groupon for Blurb this week. (That sentence sounds like a bunch of gibberish.) I printed the first two volumes of my blog way back in 2009; the second one ended just before I announced my first pregnancy. I have a lot of catching up to do. I started on the next one tonight. If you aren't familiar with Blurb, it "slurps" your blog into a very easy to edit book format, photos and all.
5. We saw Water for Elephants on Saturday. The book was a solid three stars for me, and I probably liked the movie even more. Even if the kid from Twilight is kind of an awkward actor. I feel like that's a Keanu Reeves All Over Again kind of situation.
6. We'll have a new roof within the next week, and new front steps by the end of next month. I wish the steps could be done sooner. Preferably yesterday. I've already tripped on them once and they get worse every day. I may have subconsciously thrust my baby belly out a little further when the contractor came over with the contract. Okay, consciously. But it didn't make any difference - the spring has been terrible for construction and they're booked. I suppose it is fairer to complete jobs in order of contracts signed, anyway...
7. I've been reading a great study about the Lord's Prayer by my Disciple colleague Bob Cornwall... review to follow by the end of the week.
8. Our yard has beautiful landscaping. I need to get some photos of the explosive pink rose bushes, and within a few days the hydrangea bushes are going to go wild. I'm still a little sad that we didn't get a proper garden planted. It looks like one of two pie pumpkin seeds Juliette and I planted has a sturdy sprout, but I accidentally mowed over the one sunflower that escaped the birds' appetite. I did pick up two pitiful looking seedlings on clearance at the grocery store today... will be interesting to see if Charlie Brown Strawberry Plant and Charlie Brown Tomato Plant thrive.
9. Juliette took her first ballet class today (also compliments of a Groupon). I don't think there's anything cuter than a gaggle of three- and four-year-old girls prancing around in pink leotards. She loved it.
10. Heartburn, you can go away now. Really.