I overheard a shout-out on Twitter for a check in - a way of keeping one another accountable to the words that we've chosen to shape our days.
The word - and the practice - have been very much a part of my days.
- I've been working with church members to establish Shalom Seekers, a congregation-based group to advocate for stronger gun laws.
- I learned that it's not savvy to say "gun control" and have been practicing saying "stronger gun laws."
- I attended the One Million Moms for Gun Control (apparently they didn't get the memo before they named themselves...) rally in downtown Chicago with a big group from Western Springs - people from church as well as people from the community who have been organizing. It was sobering. More on that soon.
- I was interviewed for this article that ran in the local Patch about our participation in the rally.
- And today, Ellen Painter Dollar and I started to officially launch #ItIsEnough, a Christian social media campaign to support stronger gun laws. Please "like" the #ItIsEnough page to receive updates about the campaign, and plan to participate on February 14th.